Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Free or Cheap Remote Access Application / Tool for Windows 8 and 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjv1611

Jul 9, 2003
US
I've been doing off and on computer repairs and support for mostly friends and relatives for quite a while. Some of those because of distance, and pure convenience on both parts, it's been best to remotely connect to their computers to support them when possible and seemed the best fit. I am paid by some of them when I do computer work, and others I am not. It's not a real business setup, but since I do get paid by some, it's a financial transaction. I may help 3 people one week, but then not need to do anything of the like for another month or two.

Historically, I've primarily used GBridge, as it worked great on Windows XP and Windows 7, and includes a lot of really nice features. It hasn't always been the most stable in regards to the connection quality, but generally speaking it gets the job done. The only problem with GBridge is that it seems to have been left for dead by the developers, and hasn't worked with Windows 8 and now 10 (8 wasn't a big deal, b/c not enough people used it, but 10 will be a much bigger deal).

So I wanted to ask and see if anyone here can recommend any either really cheap remote tools for occasional commercial use or else some that is free regardless of use. I've been playing around with and testing some, but what are your thoughts?

Thanks for any thoughts, suggestions, references, etc.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back