Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Free Internal Messaging Software 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecnereht

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2018
ZM
HI All,

Is there anyone can help me about the best Instant Messaging software for our Organization internally that is FREE.

Thanks!

TSL

The ambiguity of the requirements suggest this would best be a Google query.

I'm looking forward to the commercial suggestion offered by a similarly new user in the next day or so.

If commercial, anyone can suggest of any software? I would appreciate it very much.

TSL

What is your internal email software. Many have an integrated software for instant messaging. For example, if you had outlook, Skype for Business works Great. For an independent software we also use SLACK. It works very well but it is cloud based so you need to have internet connectivity.

Bill
Lead Application Developer
New York State, USA

@ Bill

I need that independent software. SLACK is good? I want to try it.

TSL

I second LAN Messenger if looking for an independent free choice. Worked well for the last company I worked for when just a basic IM software was needed....

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Ok if that is ok, then I will try it. but Im hoping this doesnt have to be any problems with user limit? How many users can this software accommodate?

TSL

I never reached a user limit and do not see one posted on its download site.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Hi all,

After clicking the link that sbcsu suggested ( I had already used this app here in our office long time ago. Its has limited capacity of users that can accommodate. Im having problems also with stability.

TSL

How many users are you trying to accommodate? I think I had over 20 without issue utilizing it. It isnt a perfect software but I cant remember any real issues with it. If you need a ton of users then I would go to something a little more mainstream.

@DrB0b

Ok, maybe the site that I downloaded is not that realiable.

TSL

@DrB0b

I see, I want to use of 50 users.

TSL

Have you thought about google hangouts. It's free and it's scaleable.

Bill
Lead Application Developer
New York State, USA

We've been using "OfficePopUP" internally for several years, it's not free but it's reasonable and it's a one time fee. Updates are free, they also have a product called "Lan Messenger" both from
They also have a free 'server version' which we have not tried yet.

We have over 50 users and it works quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back