Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Fortress LI660VA Blinking Display and No Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2001
US
I have an old Best Fortress UPS. When I plug the unit into the electical outlet, the digital display and sensor lights blink repeatedly for roughly 30 seconds then it shuts off. There is nothing legible on the display. It starts with all 0's then every pixel illuminates. I left it plugged in for 24 hours to try and charge the old batteries in it. It still had the same symptoms. So I tried unplugging the batteries inside and plugging the cord back into the wall outlet. It still had the blinking display for 30 seconds then it shuts off. Regardless of the display, no electrical current is distributed from the UPS out its outlets.

The question is, does anyone recognize the symptoms and does it mean I should not waste money replacing the batteries in the unit?

Since it is an older UPS, I would waste your money or time replacing batteries. You can get a brand new one inexpensively. with smaller ups, only replace the batteries once then buy a new one. You'll save yourself alot of head aches.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back