Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Ferrups UPS - Longevity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2007
US
Does anyone have any experience regarding the life expectancy of a Best Ferrups UPS? Our first Ferrups 10Kva units were installed around 1992, if I recall correctly, and have been running since that time. As part of the 2008 budget process we are considering replacement of the older UPS units. All of the units in question are FE series. We have two older FD series units which have been replaced under service contract. However, no FE unit has experienced any problems other than the batteries.

Bucky

They are really quite reliable in my experience, (the one with the calculator keypad and fluorescent green display right?). Cheap and simple from a build point of view but if I remember rightly they are an absolute bugger to navigate the menus on.
One thing you can be sure of is that the next one you buy won't last as long OR be as reliable.
Not sure what parts availability is like on them now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back