Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Development Environment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenWK

Programmer
May 25, 2001
US
I'm wondering if anyone can offer some suggestions regarding the best ASP.NET development evironments.

In addition to the ASP stuff we'll need we also need to start moving our VB 6 stuff (yeah, I know, its about time!) to .net in a hurry and I'm hoping some you experienced with these things can suggest the best product.

One thing I REALLY love about VB 6 is the interactive object model that makes menus drop down as you're typing. I'm really hoping there are similar things in the .net development.

Thanks very much,
Ken

We use visual studio to develop our .NET apps.
Moving VB6 to .NET will not be done in a hurry. If you do you will do it wrong and just get frustrated. Take some time to learn about the .NET framework and how to use it.
It is a completely different animal than you are used to. Also, if you are going from a windows app to a web based app, that again is a whole different animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back