Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best clientless VPN solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericwi

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2002
SG
Hi all,

Anyone has suggestions on products giving the best clientless VPN solutions, in terms of configuration and security?

Thanks

By using the term 'clientless', are you asking about a site-to-site solution or a remote access solution that doesn't require additional software on a PC?

MCSE CCNA CCDA

Opps.Sorry about that. I am looking for remote access solution for clients to access their server from anywhere in the world.

Any good vpn solution will do that.

I've had experience with:
Microsoft ISA server
Cisco VPN Concentrator
CheckPoint

They all performed flawlessly, but I found the MS ISA server solution to be the easiest client setup. If you're using a PPTP connection, talking a user through it over the phone is cake.
It is also easier to configure the server to use a MS domain authentication. The other enterprise-class vpn solutions can do this, it is just not as seemless.

Don't get me wrong, any good vpn solution will work, but many of them require deployment and configuration of proprietary software to the users.

Anyway, that's my $.02

MCSE CCNA CCDA

Sorry all, its for remote access solution. I am looking for a VPN appliance to log user in from anywhere and any PC via the web browser

Thanks

This is typically referred to as SSL VPN. There are several on the market, however I like Nortel's solution using either the 3050/3070 product or a special card and licensing with the Contivity line.
Here is some info on it which allows clientless or enhanced clientless VPN (that one uses a java applte dynamically downloaded):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back