Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best business practice for call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollandho

MIS
Jun 8, 2006
CA
Hello All: A request for comments about best practices. I currently have some scenarios and I would like some comments about what possible implications we may or may not be getting into even though they work fine.

1) VOICE MAIL - Call in to phone number. This # is forwarded (IDC) to ext 560, which has voicemail on it. The voice message is forwarded from ext 560 via MyCallPilot to an email address, which has been added to the (4) users Outlook. From there they can click to listen to the message via speakers only.

2)FAX METHOD - Fax in to phone number. This # is forwarded (IDC) to 1963 (SDN in Call Pilot). In Call Pilot (1963) in the Session Profile there is a box labeled Mailbox Number and in there is the mailbox that the faxes are sent to. At this time, Ext 200 gets the faxes. (3) users have access to mailbox 200 via Call Pilot on their Outlook. They also have Call Pilot installed on their pc.

The only problem I have run into with # 2 is the password on ext 200. One person changes it when it is due and does not tell the other 2 and then I have to continually unlock the mailbox until I get it straightened out with all 3 users.

3)FAX METHOD - Fax in to 2 phone numbers. These are forwarded (IDC) to 6679 (SDN in Call Pilot). In Call Pilot (6679) in the Session Profile there is a box labeled Mailbox Number and in there is the mailbox that the faxes are sent to. At this time, Ext 427 gets the faxes. The switchboard operator has access to mailbox 427 via Call Pilot on Outlook.

Option 61C and Call Pilot 4.0 and My Call Pilot

Please and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back