Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

best book for learning Illustrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaidomac

Technical User
Oct 23, 2004
US
Alright, I want to begin a serious study of Illustrator CS. I have the program and I've been taking a CG class at school and I'm familiar with raster-based programs such as Paint Shop Pro, a bit of Photoshop, and Painter. What are the best books, from starting up to advanced stuff, for learning it? I know the basic features and tools since that's what we're covering right now in my CG class, but I want to get familiar with it inside and outside. I prefer books for studying in-depth stuff, as opposed to websites (can't stand reading ebooks).

I would highly recommend trying an online service called VTC. VTC provides quicktime movies that explain how to use Illustrator from beginner to advanced. You can buy the tutorials on cd or you can view them on the internet at I think I pay $25.00 per month for the service and use it for all kinds of software training. Look them up. Also, they have sample files that you can view to see if this is something that will work for you. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back