Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Blogging Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRMS

MIS
Sep 4, 2003
US
Greetings All,

I would like to create a blogging website. Will someone point me to the best free software they use. Of course when I good, a very list appear. I am hoping for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
J

Anyone of these will allow me to use my own domain name?

yes they are applications ...install and fire away.
php+MySQL
Wordpress offeres your to blog at their site much like blogger.com etc but this would be considered blogging service and the best you can get is a subdomain based on usersname...

I think you are after an application right?
Also consider Textpattern and MT.
Depends what you want to do wit the site...what features you "need",will you be the only one blogging or do you want to provide multi users blogging, do you want to take time and design it yourself or get a template....etc. etc.

:-------------------------------------:
Do the DW »|MostarNetworks|

Lebisol, I truly appreciate your help thus far. I will be the only person using the blog. My desire is to set up a technical blog covering various network devices, operating systems and troubleshooting solutions. I have an idea on how I would like for it to look. I do want to be able to customize it as well. I am not by any means a web designer. Thanks!

Hey Jr,
Personally I prefer EE due to its power in templating system but you do need basic HTML/CSS to produce your own template.
The core verion of EE is free but due to nature of it and how easily you can design your own template there are not that many templates to download.

If you are not skilled in HTML and CSS then I would recommend WordPress. OpenSource and as such is free with just literally 100s of free templates.

Above all, before you commit your time to learn either I would write up all the features you would like to have and start from there. Link in my signature will lead you to EE powered site as well as more help if you need help with...well DW :)
Good luck on your quest.
All the best!

:-------------------------------------:
Do the DW »|MostarNetworks|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back