Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best Aproch to Fill the body of a report with the details sections. IE Invoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkswindell

Programmer
Jun 13, 2014
US
Hello, after hours of trying and researching I cannot figure out how to fill the body of a report with the details section. I need all of the sections at a fixed size for a multi page invoice report. The invoice must contain a header that repeats on each page, the details which spans across multi pages, followed by a summary a the end of the details on the last page, and finally a footer that also appears on each page.

My problem is that I cannot close the gap between the details section and the page footer. See attached image.

cr.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brad Swindell

http://www.swindellproductions.com/invoice_temp.zip
Not that it should make a difference, but instead of collapsing the Report Footer section, I would suppress it. If that does not work, then the only other thing I would do is create a new blank report and copy and paste all the objects into the new report. The space that you show in the example above is not part of any section that I can see, thus not sure what is going on.

The I don't think its anything that is wrong with the RPT file. I have also tried to Suppress it which did not work.

Funny thing, if I show the report footer and choose to show at bottom, then the gap shows between the details b and the report footer, if I leave it normal then it shows between the report footer and page footer.

There appears to be no way to close the gap with sections.

I have actually found a viable workaround. I have created a section with the "Underlay Following Sections" turned on right before the details section and dropped a box with the color needed to create the background to the form.

These seems to work well. Thanks for the help.

Brad Swindell

Page Footers are always at the bottom of the page - regardless of what's above them. There is no way to move the page footer up so that it is directly under your report footer.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Having said that, I just thought of a possibility, but it's a little complicated and will only work if each the detail sections is exactly the same size so there are always the same number of sections on a page. For this example, I'm going to assume that there are 10 records on a page.

1. Determine the number of sections that will print on a page.
2. Create a running total that will count the number of details records on the report. It might look like this:
Running Total Name: RecordCount
Field to Summarize: <invoice detail ID number>
Evaluate: For each record
Reset: Never
3. Create 9 blank details sections between your current dA and dB sections. Make them the same height as the details section that has data.
4. Go to the Section Expert. For each section do the following:
a. Turn off "Suppress Blank Section".
b. Click on the formula button to the right of "suppress" and enter something like the following (DO NOT check the suppress checkbox!)
NotOnLastRecord or RecordCount mod 10 >= 2
Change the number on the of the formula for each successive section. So the one for the second blank section will look like
NotOnLastRecord or RecordCount mod 10 >= 3
and the third will look like
NotOnLastRecord or RecordCount mod 10 >= 4
etc.

Because the summary section that you have is a different height than the actual details sections, you may need to tweak the number of blank sections to get this to work correctly. But I hope you get the general idea.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back