Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best 6.5.x to 7.0.x upgrade guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarOut

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
Any suggestions on a 6.5 to 7.0 upgrade guide. The more detailed the better. Especially if it points out the pitfalls (if any).
Thanks guys!!

FarOut
V-Peace-V

I might add that we will be going to all Linux (latest version of SUSE linux) servers.
Thanks once again for any suggestions!

FarOut
V-Peace-V

The Novell ATT Manuals are great for that. If Novell brings ATT groupwise classes to where you live - You gotta go. As opposed to earlier versions, the GW7 class focuses heavily on Linux configurations.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

One thing.. don't use the original GW7 Cd. Get the SP1 (Beta is out now.. but I just got a thing from Novell suggesting that SP1 has been released - although I don't see it on their site yet).

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Thanks Marv for the info. When a Novell product release is available (upgrade or SP) we get a notify from them. As for the ATT sessions, I usually go to the ones in Provo. I go there to escape from here :). Thanks again Marv.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

need some detailed upgrade information on upgrading a 6.0 groupwise to groupwise 7.0 I read in several doc's on upgrading the system one said to bring down mta and poa install the mta updates from the products list then update the poa from products list. the other was was to click on the install/update the groupwise server and follow the menu. Is there any tid's on the best way to update the server from 6.0 to 7.0 also have about 300 users in my groupwise server any information would help alot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back