Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BES50GE Boot-Rom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm85

Technical User
Aug 2, 2007
CA
Hi Everyone,
I recently purchased a BES50GE to replace a BES50FE that I have.

Unfortunately, the device isn't booting properly, so I consoled into the device and saw it is reporting an error during the boot phase:

Code:
Image Loader 0.0.0.11
Loading Diagnostic Image File : bes50ge_diag.v0.0.0.14.bix
 LED TASK Create successful.

Diagnostics 0.0.0.14

Normal Mode

--- Performing Power-On Self Tests (POST) ---
DUMMY Test 1 ................. PASS
UART Loopback Test ........... PASS
POE UART Loopback Test ....... PASS
DRAM Test .................... PASS
Timer Test ................... PASS
Switch Int Loopback Test ..... The ET4K does not exist or fails to be configured as specified!
                                                                                              [DEV_NICDRV] Register Handler fail !!

Create VLAN 1 Error!!
Switch Init Database Error!!
DEV_AMTRDRV_SetAgeingTime( 10) Error!!
Set Entry to ARL Table Error.FAIL
Something is wrong.
------------------ DONE ---------------------
Now the issue is most likely hardware, however it COULD be firmware as well.
These devices have 2 pieces of software stored in Flash: The Boot Rom (bes50ge_diag.v0.0.0.14.bix) and the OS (bes50ge_runtime.v0.0.0.26.bix).

The OS accessible from Avaya's FTP, however the boot rom is not.

If someone has a BES50GE, can they let me know what the version of their boot rom is? You can check this by going to the Summary > Switch Information and checking the Boot-ROM Version

Thanks

That register handle fail message doesn't sound good. I forgot when EOS/EOL was for the BES 50 switches, but they did have limited lifetime warranty. Might want to try for an RMA.

Yeah at this point I think there's not much more I can do. For the amount of time I've invested in it, it's probably best to leave it.

I do now have a spare power supply, so maybe I'll take a look on eBay and see if any show up without one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back