Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BES wont activate phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasisnt

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2006
US
We are trying to setup a new BES server to replace our old one. Its running on Windows 2003 with a Lotus Domino server on the same server. The Domino server gets its mail from our main Domino server that runs on an AS400.

Im trying to activate my 7100i on the new server after removing it from the old server. It says initializing on the BES server for my user but never gets anywhere. I tried doing the Enterprise Activation on my phone but it says the server is not responding.

Im getting emails that say "This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server." but dont know what they are for.

I dont know where I should be looking for the problem. The Domino server status screen says it cant open the mail file but I can get to my mail using the Notes client on that same server.

MCSE NT 4.0, MCSA (Server 2003), A+ & Network +

Free Computer Help and Tips:

There are many reasons why an activation will fail. The fact that you are seeing the activation email in your mailbox makes me think the BES can't get to it to process it (and delete it immediately). Normally you would not see it remain in your mailbox, in fact most people don't even notice it as it goes so quickly.

Best place to start is the permissions to the mailfile. You can run through the BB KB-Article on activation issues. It's quite extensive and covers lots of reasons for failure

I was able to import them off of the old server by using the import users from legacy server option and its working fine now.

MCSE NT 4.0, MCSA (Server 2003), A+ & Network +

Free Computer Help and Tips:

Sometimes when I have this issue I remove the battery from the device for a reboot and then try the enterprise activation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back