Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bes Server 5.0 Public Folder Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

starbrad

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2009
CA
Hello,

I currently have BES 5.0 server installed. I have it integrated with my Microsoft Exchange 2007 server. I am trying to sync my BES users with a shared contact list. When I open up the Blackberry Administration Service (BAS) and select a user, go to their email settings, under Published Public contact folders, the contact list appears there (Contacts (2848)) and i am able to check this. However, the contact list does not show up under the phone or address book on the phone. Is there something that you need to do in order to push out the public folder to the phone, or should it automatically sync? The phone is a Blackberry Pearl running the newest version of software (4.5.0.173).

Thanks for the reply. I had actually figured out what was causing this. The public folder contact folder that I was trying to share out had 2800 contacts in it. Apparently that is too many contacts to sync from a public folder to a blackberry. When I created a smaller contact list, it had no issues syncing up.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back