Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BENT8.5 CRC ERROR (No SCSI Issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milli

Technical User
Feb 2, 2001
DE
I have an Nt4.0 pdc running bent8.5 with ofo and remote agent on a 2k bdc.
First when i back up the local machine everything is fine, the verify is ok and the job also.
Now in the job selection list first i can not mark the agents but i can select the shares on the 2k with agent.
The backup starts with no errors (agent or ofos), then the verify starts to verify the local Drive D and stops with a crc error. Note only happens when backing up both machines. I changed the drive 3 times and the scsi controller too. Now can somebody explain that to me ?

Check the Event ID's. What Event IDs are you getting?

try reducing the transfer rate in the scsi bios, run a few backups, if the error doesnt occur increment the transfer rate by X amount and see if there is a threshold were you receive the CRC errors.

Using a DAT drive by any chance ?

CRC (cyclic redundancy check) errors occur when the drive tries to read the data that it has written (note: it doesnt compare the data on the tape to the data on the server it just verifies that the written data is readable.

Typically CRC errors are caused by a bad drive or bad media - other symptoms include the drive constantly asking for a clean. You have changed the drive, have changed the media aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back