Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Benefits of Sending a Broadcast Message & Having 2 Messaging Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

demanding

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2008
US
We have instructions and have tested sending a broadcast message. It sends the wav file and also lights the lamp. So, what are the benefits of sending a message via broadcasting as opposed to just sending an email? Other than someone hearing your voice...

Question # 2 - we have domestic offices on Modular Messaging. Next year, we will install Modular Messaging in our Asia offices and since we will have 2 systems, assume that broadcast messages will not cross the two...we would have to send out broadcast messages from each system?

Will you be using a Message Networking machine to communicate with your Modular Messaging or is this point-to-point messaging?

If you mean our email - it is Exchange and that is our MM storage.

the broadcast in a exchange back end are all controlled by the exchange server and not the MM. And you are correct that messages are better sent by voice as you can hear the inflection of the speaker rather than the typed word with out any emotion.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks - any comments on question # 2?

Will they be on the same exchange server ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back