Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Benchmark tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzs0502

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2002
Hi there...

I am trying to find a tool to benchmark AIX servers before and after performance tuning changes.
eg. Yesterday I mounted Oracle filesystems with the Concurrent I/O option but would like a good way of testing the performance improvement (if any)

Thanks in advance...

"If you always do what you've always done, you will always be where you've always been."

Thanks ogniemi.
I use nmon on the boxes... Just thought there would be something that could simulate load on the box as well :)
I probably should've said Load Simulator rather than Benchmark tool.

Thx again

"If you always do what you've always done, you will always be where you've always been."

maybe you can user PerfPMR - Performance Problem Reporting

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/aix/tools/perftools/perfpmr/

I went to the AIX technical Conference in Barcelona.
They used in a presentation the tool SwingBench.
I am looking for a tool for AIX an DB2

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've seen our DBA's use swingbench and it's pretty cool.
They systems I'm testing have either no database, or Informix or DB2
I'll probably look at writing something with Python to generate load and use nmon analyzer to check the results.
Thanks again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back