Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bench Linux/ Intel Vs Aix/P5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloups

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2003
FR
I'd like to execute some benchmarks between two different platforms.

I'havent found any bench that is usable on all unix / linux platforms . Few years ago i used unixbench but it's too old now and never maintained for years.

Have you heard about a good bench that doesn't take two month to prepare the test platforms ?

Look at IOMETER. I dont know about other unix flavors but there is a linux version.

We recently benchmarked Solaris on Sun/Futitsu, AIX 5.2/5.3 & Linux on Power5, Windows 2003 / Linux on Intel but gave up on tools and used a large Oracle database on each.
By the way, AIX came up tops (price & performance), and soon Power5+ will be out running at about 3Ghz!

"If you always do what you've always done, you will always be where you've always been."

Thank's for all your answers but i'm looking for a more general bench to have advantage and disadvantages of all architectures.

unixbech i used was able to test mono thread, multithread process, disk io with diffrent type of ios, full arithemetic with integer of float performances ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back