Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BELL Canada,, Business Fiber ,, Analog Lines??

Atechguyy

Technical User
Mar 19, 2003
CA
HI Freinds,, just tring to find out how bell fibe for business works for customer with 5 or 6 analog lines,, 1 is a fax line,, Bell to the fiber upgrade and only hooked up 4 analog lines with there ata ,, they said they would have to run another fiber line in for more analog lines ?? i wasn't there when this was installed ,, it didn't make sense to me,, can you tell me if this is right ?? Also can the analog fax work ok on this setup ?? they also felt the calls where ringing and not being answered?? i think by the nortel flash. I believe somes the features from bell may have to be turned off or fiber line needs more tuning ?? Any ideas aprreciated. Thks,,,,Nortel Cics V 6.1 or higher ,, StarTalk FlASH

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

Interesting as I am pretty sure I noticed a spare fibre strand/plug coiled up at some business sites, this being in the same sheath as the other one...1 pair cable.
The cable has a black sheath wile the strand sheath is white, maybe yellow, the spares I have seen are coiled up where the sheath was stripped back.
If you do not see a black cable only then maybe look for the entry into the building/house on the outside (grey box) or riser in office building.
I am wondering if the tech is bitching about running it in a house?
Look carefully at those slim jacks, a green connector at the bottom, maybe a spare coiled inside.

I hear residential is 1 strand only and I am puzzled on that one, the work to put one in , why not a second?

My thought is while 1 fibre strand can handle the task for the whole neighborhood, perhaps the idea is to keep them separate in case an issue with one strand and and/or for another tenant/billing.

I think I asked bout 8 port boxes and the Bell tech said they had some issue with them, or getting them...I cannot recall.
That means more programming, but I see two 4 port ONT boxes on new installs a lot.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thks, do analog fax work ok and do those analog voice/fax switches still work?? This is business building . peterborough.

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

Yes fax etc should work.

"they also felt the calls where ringing and not being answered?"

Note in this sites case or for other sites you may run into:
I had an issue with the Bell Home Hub 4000 modem not generating enough voltage to ring the lines on a Norstar CICS.
The fix after trying a few cards was the 1st version CLID cards that stick out was able to pickup the weak voltage from the modem.
If the sets ring then vmail should be able to answer.

If the Flashtalk gives you issues make sure it's compatible by making sure you are using:
Flash software 1.9 or up with KSU's 6.0/6.1
Flash software 2.0 or up with KSU's 7.0/7.1

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Do you think changing the CICS programming for trunk co serice to long co may give more power??

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

You can try, but fist figure out the statement "they also felt the calls where ringing and not being answered?"

You need to remove the question mark and get answers from the client, also is it AA or human?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back