Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Belkin Wireless....help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juleswc

Technical User
Jan 6, 2004
GB
Hi,

I've just bought a Belkin router and have connected the one PC fine, however the other pc is going to be wireless via a USB adapter.
The usb device is working fine, and it is showing up on the client list etc and is communicating ok (ping results are fine), however I can't access the net from the wireless PC - any suggestions? I have deactivated the firewall and virus software. I think there may be a problem with the DNS address or gateway - but I'm not sure - any advice would be great. - Thanks

have you made any changes to the router settings? Because by default it should share out about 100 addresses with the correct info. You can try an 'ipconfig /all' at both PC's and see if the info is the same

Thanks, I'll give that a try, but I haven't changed anything at all.

Do you have your wireless PC set to use DHCP or do you have hardcoded addresses. If you are using hardcoded addresss, you will need to set the Gateway and the DNS settings. Usually, you will make these the IP Address of your router.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back