Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Belkin F5D9230-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hondaman2003

Programmer
Mar 3, 2008
US
I have two Belkin F5D9230-4. I have one hooked up to a cable modem for the internet. I would like to make the other a wireless bridge as I do not have the ability to run a cable over to that location without great effort. Can someone help me?

I just tried to updated the firmware and that didn't help me figure this out.

Looking at the specs it doesn't have that feature, what are you looking to do?

I wanted to have the internet attached to one and have the other in wireless range to basically extend the signal of the first.

If your looking to extend the range then try a range extender or a larger antenna.

I agree with you if I didn't already have the two routers. Do you know if there is a way to accomplish my goal with the current equipment?

At this point you might call the manufacture to see if there is a work around.

I think you will need to login to the router's home page in your browser and identify whether the router has an option for it to be used as an extender/repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back