Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Behind Firewall Laptop is receiving port scan warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew1701d

Technical User
May 15, 2002
US
One of my users is receiving a port scan warning from Norton Internet Security Suite even though he is connected to our local lan which is behind a Symantec Firewall appliance with all ports turned off except for port 443 for a SSL enabled site we host. I did research on the Port and apparently its only applies to FreeBSD and a game called Klasteroids, neither of which we have, how did his Internet Security Suite pick up the port scan even though he's behind our firewall, which did log the portscan along with various other scans which occur as expected in its logs and no the port is not open on the firewall except the one i mentioned. Inquiring minds want help!

Intrusion: Portscan
Intruder: 64.105.199.75
Protocol: UDP
Attacked Port 60463

"I'm certifiable, not certified. It just means my answers are from experience...not a book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back