Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beguinner Question... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metacomet

Technical User
Nov 19, 2002
MX
Im starting to use Dreamweaver I'd like to know how can I handle the space between lines (line spacing) without being forced to use brakline command.

Gill

[tt]Can you show an example of what you mean?
[sup]
<%=Tony%>

You can use 0 border tables to control line spacing
i.e. each line is a new table row but the table is invisible Blood, Sweat But No Tears!

CSS edit style sheet to include BODY {line-height n;} and make n 120% of your type size in points, that will give you a correct basic leading for readablity in an em square x height type, like Roman faces.

If you are using a larger X height face like Arial, fr example, try a slightly higher leading factor. Play, tool around, look hard at these little bitty micro details, they are the difference between great typesetting and hard to read rubbish.

And that means get into using CSS as quick as you can, because it is the nearest thing to proper type control on a web page. The guys that invented HTML thought type was put on the page with a thumbnail dipped in tar.

[soapbox] - &quot;Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?&quot; -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back