Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginning Windows 2000/XP Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

medford420

Technical User
May 9, 2001
US
I am interested in getting into programming with C/C++ for Windows 2000/XP environments. Any suggestions as fas as books/guides to help me get started? I would consider myself a midlevel programmer that hasn't done much for about 9 months. Thank you in advance.

Well... there's several books I would suggest. If you're using Visual C++ compiler, then I would certainly suggest the Visual C++ Bible and also Sams Teach Yourself Visual C++ (24hrs or 21 days). Both these books assume some knowledge of C/C++ so I think you'll be OK.

If you are looking for more generic C/C++ books which will apply to every C++ compiler, there are so many options to choose from I wouldn't know where to start.
I would suggest looking at and doing a book search for C++. See what ratings the titles have obtained from amazon's readers and you can also check out sample pages.
As I tell everyone else, there's always a great deal of C/C++ programming books available on ebay.com for fractions of the retail price!

To fall back on... you've always got plenty of helpful people at hand at tek-tips to help you solve your programming problems and point out errors. :)
tellis.gif

[sup]programmer (prog'ram'er), n A hot-headed, anorak wearing, pimple-faced computer geek.[/sup]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back