Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

beginning flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunkrider

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
US
I am a beginning flash user. I have been in the technical field for a long time, but this is my first exposure to Flash development. I have discovered that it seems to work differently than most other software. As a rule, I have been able to pick up on any new application rather quickly. Of course all of the MS Office apps function similarly, but this has applied to software outside of Microsoft as well.

Here is my quandry. I am playing around with a flash animation where I want one picture to fade away and reveal another behind it. Ideally, I would like to have the second picture fade away and reveal the original image as well. I have set up something that comes close to fulfilling my needs, but not exactly. I have the first image fading away to reveal the second, but I can't get the second to go back to revealing the first. Currently, it fades out to reveal nothing (as per the loop), and the first image then appears in full (back to the start)

My major concern is the size of the swf file. MS FrontPage estimates the page to take almost 2 minutes to load on a 56K connection.

Cany anyone provide any insight on how to keep the SWF file size smaller?

My other questions, to anyone that would care to help, would be... 1. How can I make the animation resize itself to the current window size? and 2. How can I make the animation fade from one image to the next and then back to the orignal image?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Something that impressed me was a flash animation I found on another site. It seems to be a fairly intricate animation, but takes very little time to load, even on dialup. It accomplishes everything I want to as well. There is always an image present, but it cycles between pictures. Also, the animation resizes itself depending upon your windows size. That address is...
The Flash animation I am currently toying with resides at
Thanks to everyone in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back