Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginners learning help with ADO/ASP.Net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patiya

MIS
Nov 24, 2003
US
I am using an MS Access 2k ADP (Converted into ADE) front end and SQL 2K on the backend. Although I taught pretty much myself into these concept with the help of some publications and users group posts, some time I would like to seek some specific help from fellow members. Now my organization wants to move the application into Web based Asp interface.

I am a totally beginner in this area although I am pretty much familiar with ADO and VBA codes. Currently I am using Win XP/2k PC’s for development. My expectations/questions are :

- Is it possible, I can use the existing MS Access 2k front end Forms/Reports/Modules for the Web Interface without starting everything from the scratch in ADO or ASP.Net? I prefer to use the existing one’s while learning the new technologies.

- Is there any book that you recommend that can give me a push start? I would prefer a book that has step-by-step tutorial including a sample application. Also that book can help me with setting up my local PC IIS 5.0/ODBC/Data Interface etc. and Interface with the Server.

- How about the securing the web page and Server Data? Could you please suggest.

As I mentioned earlier, I am totally new to these concepts. Any suggestions or recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thank you fellow members.

I would suggest you ask this in a .net or access forum as none of your questions directly relate to SQL Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back