Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginner who needs project idea 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder

Technical User
Jan 10, 2001
US
I just started taking a VB class. Over the next 6 wks, I have to create my own application. This will need to be basic, yet creative, any suggestions?

How about an Important Message Pad.
With places for Name, address, City/State/Zip
Person to contact. Message
Automatic Date and Time entry.
Fax Number. Phone Number, that when clicked dials that Number. List Box to save entered info, linked to a database of that info, so that when an entry is clicked, all the info is filled into the data bound list boxes.
A way to edit the entries.
A way to sort the entries. A way to select some or all the entries to either delete them or print them.
So some of the command buttons would be, New, Save, edit, select, sort, cancel, selectAll.
DoubleClick on list to delete one entry, but with a warning.
A way to enter a duplicate Name while having all entries different by time.

How's that, for an idea?

GTO has a good idea. You will work with a LOT of programming aspects with that type of an example. When I was first in school, many years ago, I went the old standard route of a creating a music organizer. With an Artists table, CD table, and Song table. Basic data entry with database accesses, a couple of lookups, and a small report for an individual artist. Just a thought.

Thanks for your responses. I've printed them and will attempt to create something similar!

Spyder, you that just failed the creativity test, are you going to Disneyland? ;-)

Good Luck!

Tarek

The more I learn, the more I need to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back