Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

beginner to learn C 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

codecref

Programmer
Dec 8, 2003
US
Hi guys
I want to learn C/C++ and I have some programming background in Basic/VB since 1990 but haven't got the chance to learn more languages. please let me know if recommend very beginner book or website or any article that good for me to read and start.

thanks

hi mate
thanks for you links, but one thing about the book review website that its very huge and I don't know how to find my best book within 2400 books with all reviews for them, I mean of course its useful but I'm more than newbie to be able analyze those book reviews. if you know or anyone knows a best beginner newbie book for me just shoot it here.

thanks
seyed

View by subject, then look at the 120 there are in the "beginner C" section.
Then consider first the ones which are recommended

--

Always good for starters:
The C Programming Language, Second Edition by Brian W. Kernighan & Dennis M. Ritchie.
ISBN: 0131103628

I'm actually not much further along than you, but my previous experience is mostly in Perl.

I've been reading through this book recently and I have found it to be concise, but easy to understand. It has good examples and good exercises. I think it's fairly inexpensive, too. I bought it from half.com for $7, but I think full price is less than $40.

--
-- GhodMode

thanks alot guys
I will download that book and get back here for any problem I'll have

Seyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back