Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginner needs guidance from Programmers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmcta

Technical User
Nov 1, 2002
US
Hello!
[pc2]I wish to have some guidance about which classes to take. ( I love database and developing)
With no prior experience, I took two Oracle classes and at the end I did two Oracle Certification Exams: 001 Introduction to Oracle SQL and PL/SQL and 101 Develop PL/SQL Program Units with a score of 52 and 53.

I have just enrolled for an Oracle dba Class however I already know I love developing and I wish to continue on that track.

Can you guide me on which classes would be good for me to become a good developer?

I know the more I take the better but not knowing if I have the money to take all the classes I wish to take, what should my priority be?
Whould you take C, java, Html?????

I thank you in advance for your guidance.

Rmcta

It depends on what u want to be a developer. It is good that u took SQL, PL/SQl examinations. Now that u are strong on SQL u need to look at a programing language. I would suggest JAVA to be a good choice of language as now a days java is used extensively.. It is not a bad idea to learn XML along with HTML... If u want to go as a developer on Oracle products pursuing ORACLE DEVELOPER SUITE such as ORACLE FORMS and REPORTS is also useful...
hope my suggestions might help u....
bollineni

[pc2]Thank you very much! I will difinitely take Oracle Forms and Reports but while I take an Oracle dba class I will add a Java Class.
Thanks again! [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back