Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginner Mitel Training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baitshopboy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2012
US
I've been a nortel/avaya guy got the past 15 years and I have an interview for s job that handles both Avaya and Mitel equipment. Is there any training materials I can read so I'm a little informed come the interview? I made them aware on the application that I'm new to Mitel. thanks

Dude...I feel your pain. I was in a similar situation years ago. The difference was that the company I worked for decided they were going to start selling Mitel. I was an Avaya guy for years and had no experience with Mitel. I was working in the technical support group. I found out they were going to create a Mitel sales engineer position. I jumped at the chance. I did not hesitate. There are little training resources for Mitel products laying around the inter webs. Unless you're a Mitel partner, you won't have much luck. If the new company is a Mitel partner, hopefully they'll have plenty of reference material and access to Mitel Connect. If you're really lucky, they'll pay for training through Mitel's Learning Management System.

If not, you'll face a learning curve but since you seem to have a telephony background, you'll be fine. This forum is probably THE BEST Mitel resource I've found on the web. Most members in here are willing to help anyone out. There smart, articulate and seem to like helping other members by sharing their knowledge.

Good luck

And Grammar Nazi's - They're smart not There smart

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back