Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginner Help with ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallkris

Technical User
Feb 17, 2009
US
Hi everyone and thanks for your time. This is probably not the best place to post this but figured I would start here and go from there.

I am an admin for a specific piece of software for my company and I have ODBC access to the database for this software. (It's a propritary DB, switching to Oracle in early 2010.)

I've been using it to pull rudimentary queries (no more then a single join) at best over the past year using a combination of MS Access and MS Excel. There has become a growing need for me to learn to pull more complex queries.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to any online training that may be available to help me learn this information? Possibly a book that would help me with this? The database is maintained by the software, it's just the reporting in the software that is less then adequate. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kris

I would look at a book on SQL for Oracle. Not 100% appropriate for what you're asking for but there is enough standardization between RDBMS systems that it'll not only give you some ideas for your Access queries but it'll prepare you for moving to Oracle in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back