Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beginner Attempting to automate bulk downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2007
CA
Hello,
Could anyone offer suggestions: I have a list of URL addresses (the list will be constantly changing, but the format will be the same). When they are opened, I am prompted by Explorer to Save/Open, (I usually save the Zip file), and then prompted as to whether I'd like to Open/Open Folder (I usually choose Open so that I can then drag the unzipped file to a folder on my desktop --> In short, I like having the zipped and unzipped filed saved to my hard drive by the end of this task).

I've just recently begun working with Visual Basic in writing Macros by hand for Excel. Would it be worthwhile for me to continue with it, to program a way to somehow skip all the above steps manually for each individual URL, and rather 'automate' the bulk downloading of information from all of the addresses, without having to answer prompts?

Thanks,
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back