Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEFVP41 compatability with Dlink DI-604

Status
Not open for further replies.

binaryops

ISP
May 2, 2004
US
I have Verizon FIOS and when I plug my fiber WAN connection into my Verizon router (DI-604) I'm able to get sync and connect up no problem using PPPoE. When I plug my fiber line directly into my Linksy BEFVP41, I get no WAN light. I've called Linksys and Dlink and speaking with India is like speaking with a Blind, Deaf and Dumb Mute person as they have no clue. Anyways, I want to either bridge my DI-604 and set up PPPoE on my next hop router (BEFVP41) to set up VPN or use my Linksy BEFVP41 as the initial and only router. This tells me that Verizon FIOS has proprietary code installed on those Dlinks they sent out only allowing the WAN to be accessible through the Dlink. This was confirmed when I finally got to a second level of support person at DLINK. Does anyone have a workaround? I really want to set up my Linksy BEFVP41 so I can set up my VPN. Why wouldn't I get WAN connectivity on a known good router using my own 3rd party router aside from the DI-604 that Verizon gave me.

Thanks,
Seth

Does anyone have any comments on this please?

Thanks,
Seth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back