Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEFSX41 VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwpondscum

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
US
I have established a VPN with a Linksys BEFSX41 ver2 and a Juniper box. The Linksys is on a 10.x.x.x subnet and the Juniper is on a 172.16.x.x subnet. Basically, I can ping a computer from the Linksys side to the Juniper side, but not the other way.

IE:
ping 172.16.10.x - DOES WORK
ping 10.10.10.x - DOES NOT WORK

The VPN is setup with the appropriate Local/remote addresses and setting to create the VPN. Both devices show the VPN as connected.

I can confirm that traffic is being set from both VPN boxes from the logs. The Juniper shows the type of traffic and the number of bytes sent to the VPN tunnel. The Linksys does not show any incoming traffic on the tunnel. Obviously, the tunnel is established, otherwise I would not be able to ping anything. All firewall options on the Linksys are turned off. Do I need to add a static route?

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back