Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEFSX41 VPN router & SSH-Sentinel, can't ping past router

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3r0star21

Technical User
Sep 6, 2006
US
This is my first time setting up a linksys BEFSX41 with SSH-sentinel. I consider myself to be a beginner when It comes to vpns, but I do have a little experience with them.

I have been able to establish a vpn connection between the SSH-Sentinel client (v1.3.2.2) and Linksys BEFSX41 running firmware version 1.52.10, which is the latest as far as I know. I followed the directions issued by SSH that I found on this forum. I can successful ping the BEFSX41 on the remote end with no problems, but I can't seem to reach anything past that point. My first thought is that I am having routing issues, but I can ping the linksys so I think there is traffic being routed through the tunnel. I can also get to the linksys web based configuration through the vpn. My ultimate goal is to use RDP through the vpn tunnel to a PC located behind the links router.

I'm not sure where to go from here to get this working. Here is all the information that i can think of that might be relavent. If there's anything more information i can offer i will gladly give it, just let me know what it is. Thanks.

On the VPN Endpoint side I have:
Nuvox T1 Static IP 66.XX.XX.XX
VPN Settings
Local Secure Group IP 192.168.2.0 Mask 255.255.255.0
Remote Secure Group :Any
Remote Security Gateway: any
Encryption 3DES
Authentication MD5
Auto IKE.

Under advanced Settings:
Main mode

Proposal 1
3DES
MD5
1024-bit

Proposal 2
3DES
MD5
1024-bit

On the remote client end
Comcast cable
192.168.1.x

Thanks for your help in advance.

Have you tried a traceroute to verify what path you are taking when pinging to an address beyond the endpoint? Seems to me it would be a routing issue also.

Thanks,

Matt Wray

GFH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back