Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BEFSR41 ver 2 and Windows Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfguerra

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2003
US
I have a BEFSR41 ver 2 with firmware 1.44.2 networking various XP SP2 machines. I wat to use Windows Messenger (not MSN Messenger) version 5.1.0639 for whiteboard and application sharing. I can't get it to work. When I start Whiteboard I get nothing in the other PCs. When I start Application Sharing I get the Share Programs window but a message appears at the top of that window that says "Sharing - Not in a Call". After about a minute that window disappears and I get a message on the initiating PC "The session using Whiteboard or Application Sharing with <user name> has ended".

I imagine I will have similar problems when I try using this with a user outside my router.

The laptop I used to originate the request uses TrendMicro Pc-cilling and the other PCs use Norton Internet Security.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Shut down any firewalls and test it again. If that works then identify the port numbers and add them as allowed in the firewall programs.

Thanks for your response. I shut down TrendMicro Pc-cillin on my laptop and Norton Internet Security on the desktop. I am still having exactly the same problem. Anything else I should try? Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back