Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Beep and then ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

BStephens

MIS
Jun 20, 2005
US
I am new to Cisco. Had a Nortel 61C previously. We have CUCM 11.5.1.1 and 8851 phones. I have a secretary that has her attorney's line on her phone as well as a side car with a BLF SD that has the attorney's line. She also has 2 other attorneys on her phone. When one particular attorney gets a call, her phone beeps and then rings. The other attorneys lines just ring. I can not see to find out why only that line beeps and then rings. This happens whether the phone is active or not.

Under her device. The attorneys line. You will find Ring Settings. It must be set to Beep instead of Ring. Or whatever it is you want it set at.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

All three of the attorney's on her phone have Ring Setting and Call Pickup Group set to User System Default. I have found no differences in their lines.

Have you tried the basic stuff like resetting her phone? Could be some weird firmware bug as well.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back