Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BECP Exam 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ztcll

Technical User
Feb 23, 2006
US
Does someone know if there is a good book for BECP exams on the market?

Thanks.

ztcll

Up to now the book to get is:

All In One
CRCP (Crystal Reports Certified Professional) Exam Guide
by Annette Harper

CR XI is yet to be included...

Good luck.
-Charlie
Hammerman Associates

The 2 books that I have are from the first two classes (Administering Users and Content and Administering Servers) that are given by Business Objects. I realize that the classes are expensive, but they're well worth the money as they basically give you all of the information you need to pass the test (it helps that my employer paid for them). I took the first test last week and got a 90% on it!

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

hilfy, congradulations on your test! Are you planning to take the 2nd and the 3rd tests? Please let us know your experience.

-ztcll

I'm absolutely planning on taking the 2nd and 3rd tests. I'll probably do the 2nd test in early May. The 3rd one will be sometime later this summer after I take the third ("Design and Deploy") class.

I've heard from a couple of sources that the second test is much more difficult than the first one.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I've taken the 2nd exam (SABE301) and it wasn't too bad. Just know which servers (services) run when you do different actions, such as:

- Knowing which servers handle scheduling CR documents
- Knowing which servers handle OLAP viewing requests.
- Knowing which servers handle scheduling WebI documents

The 3rd Exam (SABE401) was killer. In this exam, be ready for multiple correct answers (not just A or B or C, but any combination thereof). I think out of the 40 questions, there were only 5 of them with a single answer. This is a conceptual exam and less technical. There are also questions about the Auditing feature (ie, benefits of auditing, how auditing works, etc). Also, know your server limits/thresholds, and Job Server thresholds. I know there was a question regarding the Job Processing time window formula. Disaster recovery, and fault-tolerance played a big role, but sizing the environment was key. There will be many questions about the factors that one must consider when:

- sizing a server(s)
- creating a content management plan
- creating a disaster recovery plan

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, bgordonct. I'm looking at takign the second exam in mid-July - once the BO XI implementation project that's been consuming all of my time for the last two months goes into QA.

-Dell

Hi,

I am new here, infact new to everything. My question is, do you advice someone that does not have any experience in crytal report to take the certification exam.I took a class where I was thought how to use it but I have not worked with it yet and I am planning to get the book and take the certification exam. After reading your threads,I figured out you all have experience using it so I doubt if I am making the right decision. Please advice.

This thread is about the certification exams for Business Objects Enterprise, not for Crystal. You'll want to look at the threads for the CRCP exams.

-Dell

Hello all,
I'm new to this site, but I thought i'd through this your way. I'm taking the BO fast track training next week and will be taking the certification exams the following week, i'll be happy to post on here to let you know how it goes. I've been working with the crystal products for 15 years and BO recently. I have been training via classes and BO's web training. I feel pretty prepared, but we will see in a about a week and a half how it goes. I work for a company that happens to be a BO gold partner, so I have access to all of thier training materials, they seem to be good for the most part with quizes at the end of each section. I am hoping that those quizes are like what is on the cert test.

Would it be wrong or illegal to post the quiz questions here to see if anyone that has taken the cert exam recognizes the questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back