Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE9.1 Problem & Exchange Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoadmin

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
Hello,

I'm currently having 2 problems overall with my backup solution, using Backup Exec v9.1 (latest build no#).
I currently use a backup server to backup all machines on our network, backing up to disk the last 5 days, and duplicating that data to tape every night.

The problem is, sometimes around every few weeks or sometimes after only a few days, the backup jobs that run on the backup server will abruptly stop almost the instant they started and all fail (Backup + Duplicate to tape jobs)

The event viewer shows that the Backup Exec Job Engine stopped with the below error:

Source: DrWatson , Event ID: 4097
The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 02/17/2004 @ 19:04:28.624 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 004AC464 (<nosymbols>)

I've checked all other posts and found this could be related to MDAC, so i've updated/reinstalled mdac to the latest version and applied every HotFix available for the latest ver of BE9.1.

Still the problem occurs.

Also another issue (possibly related?) is that of our Exchange Server backup seems to be not working and stating:

&quot;OFO: Snapshot error (0x46b): A potential deadlock condition has been detected.&quot;

and produces an event on the exchange server:

&quot;Application popup: Windows - EXCEPTION : Possible deadlock condition.&quot;

Then around a minute later the Remote Agent for Windows Servers will stop on the Exchange Server

This appears to sometimes actually cause the exchange server to stop allowing connections for mail, and it has to be rebooted to resolve the problem.

Anyone have any ideas on either problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back