Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE won't loginto the Netware File System when choosing what to backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadau

Technical User
Aug 10, 2001
US
Hello All,

I am having almost the same problem with my backups as "Clay71260". My problem is that the job is:
&quot; Unable to log into device <ServerName>.NetWare File System/<ServerName> &quot;.

When trying to create a new backup with BE. At the &quot;Backup Source&quot; screen I get an error when I try to go deeper than,
&quot; Service <ServerName>.NetWare File System/<ServerName> &quot;.

Error is a follows:

Unable to log into &quot; <ServerName>.NetWare File System/<ServerName> &quot;
Enter another user name and password.
Press any key to continue.....

BE will not accept the designated user name and password for this server or any admin user name and password.

I am able to go past, &quot; Service <ServerName>.Novell Directory/<Tree> &quot; to choose the objects I want to backup. Has anyone seen this before and if so what was the solution? How about you Clay71260? Find a solution yet?

TIA

Stuart

What version of BE are you using? BE for Netware or BE for NT and crossing platform to backup Netware. Are you using NDS. I found out that using BE for NT and then backing up Netware, you had to use the full &quot;Novell Context&quot; to make it work. Like .userid.organization unit.organization. You may want to use &quot;Network&quot; tab above in the &quot;Backup Selection&quot; and use &quot;Set default attach Info&quot;. This works better than the &quot;Attach As&quot; feature. Please let me know. Thx.

Thanks for the advice Palindrome,

BE version is 8.5 for Novell

I logged in using the full context and the backups are working once again!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back