Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE Ver 11d To Disk - Job Never Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemama613

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2003
US
I am using BE version 11d to back up to disk. This is new for me. I back up to tape every night without a hitch. I set up an external USB drive, and set up the new back up job presumably correctly. Although I set it on a schedule, I chose Run Now to test it. Job immediately goes into Queued Status. I let it run over 20 minutes with no change in ststus. When I cancel the job, it goes into Cancel Pending Status, and never resolves from there either. The only way out is to stop and start the service. Any ideas?

Is this drive among the models Symentec approves for this software? That in itself may be the problem...

I think you will have to create a new removable backup to disk folder for that USB drive. Then use that as a destination for the backup job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back