Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 9.1 and issues with WMI Repository backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallst32

MIS
Apr 14, 2003
US
I just switched from 8.6 to 9.1 SP2. The first thing I noticed is 9.1 gives a lot more errors in the backup report. Under 8.6, about 95%+ of the time the report would complete "successful". But running the same schedules under 9.1 have not yieled any error free reports.

Under 9.1, backups keep failing on WMI Repository backups. When I check WMI on a failed system, it cannot connect, and I must restart the WMI services. These are Window 2000 Server SP4 machines.

I get the feeling BE is "breaking" the service, and there isn't really anything wrong with it.

Any ideas? Does anyone know if this issue has been corrected under 10?

I failed to mention that I have read Veritas' KB article, which says to backup the WMI DB manually. I can perform this operation after restarting the WMI services. But after a BE job runs, so far, there has been a 50/50 chance it breaks and will fail the next time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back