Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 9.0 and Backup plan, you input needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurbaniak

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2003
US
Ok, so I'm running Backup Exec 9.0 on 3 Servers, and we are also backing up 35 Clients.

Our Backup goes to a 400GB NAS Device, from there I move it to a tape storage device.

I'm not sure how to handle all the data. What should I leave on the NAS, and etc. The reason we have the NAS device is because we wanted FASTER Disaster Recoveries, which the Disk to Disk gives us.

How BE 9.0 handles the Incremental and Differentials is that it writes more files, it doesn't make changes to what is there. So you end up with more, and more, and more data. This obviously starts to fill up NAS device.

I'd like to keep a base install for all the machines on the NAS for the Disaster Recoveries, but seems unlikely.

Anyways, I'm looking for some input how you may handle this, or what your ideas may be. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back