Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 12 Exclude filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedig

Technical User
Feb 24, 2005
GB
Hi,
I am attempting to do a global exclude of files/folders on all servers on the domain using Backup Exec 12.
I there an easier way of doing this than opening all of the servers in the backup job and picking through to find the location of the files/folders then de-selecting them?

I have added some exclude filters to the backup job but these are on particular servers. I am however seemingly unable to do global filters for things like I386 and RECYCLER ect.

Joseph

Hi,
I had looked at this area of the system but was unable to see how to apply the filters quickly and easily to the domain servers using this area and having looked at it again, still can't.
My problem is, I'm coming from a Arcserve background and I am back to a Novice.
we are in the process of moving to BE12 but one of the primary things we use in Arcserve is the global filters of files on all servers in the Domain. This is a simple task within Arcserve, you create a job, add global filters and save. BE does not seem to except this, seemingly I have to open each server in the job and assign the same filter to each server.
Am I missing something or
Am I attempting the impossible within BE?

Joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back