Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 11d won't verify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob77777

Technical User
Feb 23, 2010
US
I can do backups (without verify) to an internal hard drive, but when I check off that I want BE to do a backup and verification, BE will fail about 30 seconds into the verify process.

I have done backup and verifications in the past on this internal hard drive.

It's interesting that I can backup and verify to an external USB hard drive.

The data that I want to back up is about 76 G. The internal hard drive is 400 G capacity, and I'm telling it to overwrite.

My external USB drive, is 500 G capacity and I tell that to overwrite also.

From what I can see both backup drives are set up in BE the same way. I have software compression checked off on both. I don't have any time duration limits set for stopping BE. Both drives are formattee NTFS.

The error message I get when it goes into the verification process is:

Job ended: Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 10:58:49 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008445 - The media operation was terminated by the user.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33861

You will notice that it says the media operation was terminated by the user. But I did not terminate the operation. I didn't even touch the keyboard. I also did not have a time limit set up for back up. So it couldn't have stopped due to a time limit.

Thanks much to anyone who may be able to help out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back