Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BE 10 and SSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozar

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2004
US
We have just installed a hp eva 8000 storage works san. I initially emailed our sales rep and asked if we needed SSO and the reply was "only if more than one backup exex media server is going to share the library". Our san installer was adamant that we would need SSO. The media server is a blade on the san and the library ( also on the san ) was presented to the media server - it sees it just as if locally attached and interfaces just fine - so far all without SSO. Now my question - our strategy is going to be to create snapclones of our fscsi virtual disks to a fata disk group and then have backup exec back up from that rather than the actual server. So ( and the documentation that we received from the san installer was nill ) how would we back up the snap clones? Do I need SSO for it?

The library is not shared - so I know I dont need SSO for that. We are pretty much clueless and the install meeting was rushed - none of us have san training but we can create vdisks and present them to the host server but management want to implement the snapclone to the fata drives and backup up from that.

Also - the installer kept mentioning in passing - that me ( the backup guy ) really needs to learn SSSU - some sort of scripting tool but was crytpic as to why.

Any thoughts would be wonderful.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back