Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BDE Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE

Technical User
Oct 25, 2000
US
Does every machine that touches the paradox tables need to have BDE installed?

For instance, I have an app that uses paradox on one server, but need to create a SQL SSIS package to move some of that data into a SQL database. When I try to do that I can not see the column names on the paradox tables so can not create the package.

The machine that has SQL and SSIS installed does not have BDE or paradox or any application that uses them (aside from what I'm trying to do)

If I have to have BDE installed, is there a way to only install BDE and not the app that uses it? Basically we had to move the app because it was conflicting with other things on that server.

Thank you
VE

ODBC, maybe?

Since we are mainly about Paradox the Application, you may get a better/faster answer on a forum specific to your SQL system (since there are LOTS of flavors of SQL; Sybase, MySQL, Oracle, etc etc). Never heard of SSIS.

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

OK, thank you for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back