Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BDE MDX Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmgal

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
US
Hi everyone;

We had a huge network failure last Thurs and had to restore everything. Goldmine was running when the system went down. We restored and came back up yesterday. Scattered Goldmine errors started to appear, and today everyone is getting assorted .mdx errors. Many of them appear in the email center "Corrupt file-other than header". I have rebuilt/packed, deleted the syslog.mdx and reindexed, to no avail.

I am hoping that someone can help me figure out where the corrupt file is, or if I should just go back to before the crash and restore the GM files. We run GM 5.7 dbase on a Novell network, and we installed Novell 6.5 while the network was down. Also, we had a few viruses around the office last week, but that may be unrelated.

Thank you for any help,
Heather

Hi,

Novell can have some issues with dBase. Make sure your not using the Novell client, use the Microsoft client.

What you need to do is logout of GoldMine, go to the login screen and enter your username and password, then pressing control (and keeping it pressed) click ok, contining to keep control pressed. You should then get a database list. Release the control key now and right click and run maintenance - not a rebuild just the indexing.

Regards,

Richard.

Thank you for the reply--I tried that last night but it kept generating the errors even during the reindexing process and shuts the whole thing down. It never makes it all the way through. I'm thinking that I will have to restore the base files from before the crash but I'm still looking into a few things.

hmmmm ok in that case you need to use BR7 or BR4 (available from under download utilities) its a dos based app but generally gets GoldMine kicking again.

Simply place it in your path eg windows directory then drop to the dos prompt in the given directory. From there type BR4 NAMEOFFILE eg BR4 MAILBOX

Once opened press ALT+B and you can rebuild the system from there.

Regards,

Richard.
PRIOR Analytics UK

Everything rebuilt/reindexed okay with the exception of the syslog. This generated an error creating the table, both when I tried to do it as an individual file rebuild and in the overall rebuild. Any thoughts?

Rename the Syslog.* to Syslogbad.* then rebuild.

GoldMine stores the bits and pieces of who did what where when but its not mission critical for most organisations to have that and it gets you up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back