Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BD6808 Not Seeing DHCP Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkop08534

MIS
May 21, 2004
I have a BD6808 with Two Vlans 192.168.1.0/24 Named Vlan1 and 192.168.2.0/24 named Vlan2. I also have a DHCP server setup and is connected to a port on the BD and the DHCP server has a static IP of 192.168.1.5. now if i set the other ports to macvlandiscover and enable them that any mac gets assinged to Vlan1 and then plug into any port with a different machine i get an ip address from the DHCP Server. Now if i enable the mac address of the machine i am using as a test system to use vlan2 the mac-vlan discover works in that i am assinged to Vlan2 but the DHCP server does not assing me an ip address.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this to happen. I have used Cisco before and this is the first with Extreme switches. I know when creating Vlans on Cisco stuff you can add IP helper addresses in the Vlan so it knows where to go to get DHCP stuff and Wins stuff and so on, but do not see that in the Extreme switch.

You need to setup a udp profile

create udp-profile <profile name>
configure <profile name> add 67 ipaddress <ip of dhcp server>
configure <vlan name> udp-profile <udp-profile name>

[cheers]

This can also be done with the conf add bootprelay command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back