Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCMSN Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packet7

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
Hello,

I plan to schedule my BCMSN exam this week. Thus far, I have attended the official BCMSN course, done the labs twice, read the BCMSN 642-812 Cisco Press book, read the BCMSN Official Cert Guide for 642-812 and I have some hands-on experience.

So, with some additional studying this week I should pass. However, I am a bit concerned about the labs. Anyone have any advice? Are you able to use the command help (show ?) during the pods? Do they deduct points if you use the help? The reason I ask is because it's a habit I have and I don't want it to hurt me on the exam.

Thanks for your help.

Rgds,

John

Sims will work as closely to an actual IOS switch as possible, including show commands, tab complete, abbreviated command syntax, and ? for command build-out.
The test is evaluating whether you can configure a "real" device, not a simulator so treat the sim like you would a real device. You won't lose points as long as you have a working solution when you leave the simulation so don't be afraid of typing "unnecessary" commands for the solution as they won't hurt you except in the context of wasting valuable time.

Good luck!

Hello,

I passed today with an 825. Made a few spanning-tree mistakes, but found it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Now I should move onto BSCI. Thanks again.

Rgds,

John

Packet,
What study material are you using for BSCI?

CCNA

The official Cisco online course from Thomson (Skillsoft) Knowledgenet and the Cisco Press Cert Guide - 4th addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back